Monday, December 28, 2009

Can my husband come with me to the united states?

I am an american living in sweden and would like to know if it is possible for my husband to accompany me to the united states while he is a permenant resident of sweden?Can my husband come with me to the united states?
Yes, but he has to apply for an alien relative petition and visa. Go to the US immigration website or to the nearest American embassy for the paperwork to get started.


First step...fill out the forms for the petition...send to the embassy...they will contact you for an interview, at which time you pay some fees. The interview is to prove that the relationship between you two is legitimate. Take any proof with you, like pictures together, letters with postmarks, e-mails etc...


Second step...If they approve the petition, then you fill out more forms, pay more money, then you will be notified of an interview time for getting a visa.


From you they will require an affadavit of support form, last 3 years income tax returns %26amp; passport of some proof of citizenship.For your spouse:birth certificate, medical exam by the physician they choose to include vaccinations


up to date, %26amp; passport. Everything has to be translated by an official translator in his country.





Just start with getting the necessary forms for the 'petition for alien relative' then work from there. The site lists the forms you need and the fees for everything. ( may have forgot some things or something may have changed.)





www.uscis.govCan my husband come with me to the united states?
He needs a visa
Just do it legally and welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment