Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can my husband after joining me in UK and gaining indefinite leave, be accounted as a home student?

if he's guaranteed indefinite leave after passing his 2 years visa, can he go to university as a home student where he can receive loan to help him finish his degree? or does he still have to pay for university himself?


I really need to know what the situation will be like. please help me. I will so appreciate it.Can my husband after joining me in UK and gaining indefinite leave, be accounted as a home student?
why not we give all and sundry the rest of Britain for free, course he can, claim claim claim, open the door to the world;d and end 2000 years of history i wonder how many will wont to come and live here when the well runs dry?Can my husband after joining me in UK and gaining indefinite leave, be accounted as a home student?
Things may have changed since I last came across this but it certainly used to take 3 years of living in the UK before anyone could be counted as a home student. Your best option is to contact the admissions office of the University your husband wants to attend and ask them what the policy id now.


If he isn't considered as a home student, it's not loans you have to worry about but he may be asked to pay international fees.
Until he has been living in the UK for three years, he will have to pay for the course himself. If a British citizen lives abroad for more than a certain length of time, they still have to live here for three years before getting help with education costs.





When I was at college there was an English woman in the same position - had lived abroad whilst her husband worked there. She had to defer uni for a year to bring her up to the three year clause.
most likely he will be treated as home student. different universities has different admission policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment