Friday, April 30, 2010

Why does my husband say I have a problem?

My husband says I have a problem with my spending, but we have a budget and I stick to it. Generally, I save a couple hundred a month! Anyways he gets all weird when I buy something for myself, usually under $100.00, and complains for days. Is there something wrong with buying something nice for myself every now and again when I manage our finances so well? And no I do not work outside of the home. Am I weird or is he stingy?Why does my husband say I have a problem?
My wife just spends....I do the finances and have to juggle the checkbook. I would be OVERJOYED if she would ONLY spend a couple hundred a month......





He needs a case of reality. It sounds like you're doing a great job!Why does my husband say I have a problem?
We only hear your side of the story; you don't share his viewpoint. So, my response is...it depends.





Do you ever buy him something with the money you save?





Are you you buying lower quality items in one area in order to have money to purchase gifts for yourself?





Do you ever use the money for something you two can enjoy together: a getaway, home improvement, etc.?





Perhaps he feels that just because you have a few extra dollars now, that doesn't mean you should spend it. The economy is in a very unpredictable state. In fact, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Perhaps these little niceties you buy for yourself aren't the wisest investment these days.
No there is nothing wrong as long as you are not in debt. If you have debt you should pay it off and save as much as you can.


If you dont have much or any debt then there is no problem buying yourself stuff. Clearly you married a penny pincher, a cheapskate, a man who will get upset about any money you spend for no reason. My ex was like that, glad I didnt marry him. My ex would be upset when I would buy 12 dollars worth of yarn to make a blanket!
Next time whenever you buy something nice for you, buy similar thing for him as well. Watch %26amp; enjoy the reaction.
if he is one who make money so he knows better about his job situation. but if in reality you don't need anything necessary for yourself then if he is saying don't buy then you don't.
He's way out of line on this attitude.
Im going to guess at this one!! I bet you dont have a job? He feels like he is being taking advatage of!

No comments:

Post a Comment