Friday, April 30, 2010

I petioned my husband from Nicaragua and filed an I-130, how long until I hear if I was approved?

I got married in Nov. 15th and have submitted petition under I-130, how long does Immigration take to answer on average. What are my next steps. How long until he can come to be with me?I petioned my husband from Nicaragua and filed an I-130, how long until I hear if I was approved?
How did you mail out your petition? was it priority mail etc.?





I mailed an application Form I-130 for my parents via priority mail on October 15th and got a reply after 1 week, Notice of Action Form-797 confirming that they have received the application on October 20th and a receipt of payment for the application fee that they've cashed.





It depends on the location of the Service Center that received your application. California Service Center has a timeframe of 6 months in approving the Form I-130.





After the Form I-130 approval they will forward the approved application to the National Visa Center to schedule for the embassy interview of the beneficiary (your husband). And they will send you additional forms to fill-out (Form I-864) and send back before they can proceed in setting a schedule for your husband's interview.





When it's an immediate relative the whole petition process:


(receipt of petition up to final step-interview, if he passed the interview he should enter the US within 6 months from the interview date)





takes from 8 months to a year. This depends on how efficient you are and your husband in providing to them the documents needed, going to the scheduled biometrics and the processing time of the Service Center in charge.





Goodluck!I petioned my husband from Nicaragua and filed an I-130, how long until I hear if I was approved?
Probably when they Deny it...


He will not be allowed into the USA...





They are not allowing many ';Marriage Visa's';


as they have found out over 80% are Frauds.





He is there and you are here...


How did you get Married ???





If you are not making 125% above the US Poverty line


and can't prove that you were making that for the last


three years via W-2's...no visa.


Must be able to prove that you and he were


friends/met with him for two years.
Present national average processing time is 7.3 months.
Congratulations!





That's fantastic news. I think it would probably be best asking immigration directly though.





All the best to you and your new husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment