Friday, April 30, 2010

Im 13 and i live with my mum nd her husband. I dont want to live here can i go live with my dad? Can i choose?

My stepdad looses his temper alot and i dont know when he will next and im scared. I want to live with my dad. Can i choose? Im 13 years old. My parents dont have joint custordy cos they werent married when i was born.Im 13 and i live with my mum nd her husband. I dont want to live here can i go live with my dad? Can i choose?
In the US, when you turn 14 (at least in Massachusetts), you can chose which parent to live with.





Since you're 13, I suggest talking to your school guidance counselor. Have him or her then direct you to a Social Worker or if your school has an SAP or School Psychologist, go there. Talk to them about how you would like to live with your dad.





Also, let your dad know. Don't just show up at his door with your bags.





Don't runaway- PLEASE.





If you aren't safe, TALK TO SOMEONE. Immediately.





Try talking to your mum and your step-dad about his temper, perhaps? Also, obviously talk to them about your want to go live with your dad.





A good idea: Since summer is coming, try a trial run with your dad. Maybe stay with him for the summer, see how it goes, and then if you really still want to, look to him for moving in.Im 13 and i live with my mum nd her husband. I dont want to live here can i go live with my dad? Can i choose?
in the United States you can. I am sure you can where you are. call your Dad right now, and tell him everything, leave nothing out. you should not live in an environment where you are scared.





**KittySue above me** how could you begin a sentence like that to a scared child you are heartless and cold. I gave you thumbs down.





**to Guacamole below** not true. my niece was 11 and choose to live with her dad.
The question is, does your father want you to live with him? Depending on your state, you might be old enough to make the decision as to which parent you want to live with, but of course your father would have to want you to live with him.
Talk to both of your parents. Leave your step dad out of it. Tell them your concerns and what the man is like. Also how do you treat him?
Sit down with your mom and explain why you want to live with him.





That what I did, I now lived with my dad and see my mom every Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment