Friday, April 30, 2010

How does my husband claiming his self and me and our daughter benefit us?

my husband went to file his taxes and the book keeper told him that he would claim his self me and our daughter. what will the difference be if he just claimed me and our daughter. im a stay at home with our 3 month old and he made 21000 last year and i think had 1700 took out for taxes. im just trying to figure out what we will get back. i do know they told him we get the earned income credit as well. any helps is appreciated thanksHow does my husband claiming his self and me and our daughter benefit us?
Judy is correct.


You should get a very nice refund!


Your husband, unless he can be claimed by someone else, will always claim himself. And as a married couple w/a dependent, he'll get another exemption fpr you and your daughter. Which would give you 3 exemptions.


He's not claiming himself as a dependent.


Also a spouse is never considered a dependent.





You can always use a tax refund calculator to estimate your refund. H %26amp; R Block offers one and is quite accurate.How does my husband claiming his self and me and our daughter benefit us?
The best way is for you and he to file a joint return, and claim your daughter.





You'd get back whatever was taken out for federal income tax, the number in box 2 of his w-2. Your EIC would be around $2272 if you have one child.
It benefits you guys because you being marked as dependants will result in a bigger tax return.

No comments:

Post a Comment