Friday, April 30, 2010

When can my husband feel my baby kick?

When is it actually possible, Or well common in pregnancy, For my husband feel my baby kicking? Id like to know because i can feel him now!When can my husband feel my baby kick?
I'm 18 weeks pregnant now (3rd baby) and started feeling the baby kick at 16 weeks. Almost as soon as I felt the movement and little kicks, by husband was able to feel it too - but not with his hand on my stomach.





Like someone else said, there is always more activity and kicking from baby at night. So when we go to bed and I feel the movement, I lie on my back and my husband puts his ear/head on my stomach where I can feel the kicking. He can hear the baby moving as well as feel the movement (your face is very sensitive to touch).





My 5 year old daughter, who's very excited about the new baby, was also able to feel the kicks the other day by doing the same thing.





The key is to make sure your husband puts his ear over the exact spot - at this stage of the pregnancy, very low down, just a bit above the pubic bone.





It really is such a sweet stage and I wish I could share it with my husband every time the baby kicks. Sometimes when the baby kicks and no one else knows, it feels like a little secret between the baby and I. Still, I can't wait to have this little one in my arms and kiss that sweet face!When can my husband feel my baby kick?
If you can feel your baby kicking from the outside, you husband will be able to also.


My fiance first felt our son kicking when I was roughly 20 weeks pregnant or so and boy was he shocked!


The best way to do this is lay quietly and drink some cold ice water to get the baby moving. Then have your husband gently lay his whole hand, palm down across your lower abdomen or roughly where you are feeling the baby kicking.


Within a few moments, if you are both patient, the baby should kick a bit enough for him to feel.
I found that both my boys were more active at night. The best way my husband could feel them is for him to have no top on, and his back to you, and your belly against his back. My hubby could even feel them kicking when I was asleep in this position.
when i used to feel our baby kick at 1st i was about 24 weeks and my husband used to lay his ear to my belly for a bit but be patient and baby used to kick he could feel it more on his ear/face!
I could feel my baby around 19 weeks but my husband couldnt. he started feeling at 22-23 weeks and it was mostly at night when i was laying on my side.
im 19wks 4days and if i put my hand on my stomach when im in bed i can feel my baby kick, i feel him moving around too, its the best feelin ever
I can't remember exactly but I think it was around week 19 or 20.
for me its 23 weeks ish

No comments:

Post a Comment