Friday, April 30, 2010

Sometimes when my husband is laying down?

I see either his jugular vein pulsing (like a double wave, kind of) or maybe it's his carotid. Is this bad?? What does this mean?Sometimes when my husband is laying down?
Maybe, maybe not. Arteries normally pulse and in the right position, I'm sure this would be noticible. But, with high blood pressure, the pulsing would be more pronounced. Check his bp.Sometimes when my husband is laying down?
It is his carotid artery. You cannot diagnose a heart arrythymia from visually looking at the carotids. An EKG is needed and his doctor can listen to his heart and his carotids for possible arrythymias or heart murmurs. If he is agreeable, please get him to be checked out. Most likely: nothing is wrong. It's easy for us to let our minds race over rather simple things. I know; I've done it. good luck.
sometimes that happens to me i think that it is just that he is so still you can see it like if you sit really quiet you can hear your heart beat so if your really worried about it have him see a doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment