Saturday, January 9, 2010

Is it illegal to change the locks if my husband moved out but is on the lease.?

I want to change the locks to maintain some control over my life. but he and his mother are on the lease and I am not. but he has not been back and has no intention of coming home. he will not work with me at all. in anyway. and has not even called.Is it illegal to change the locks if my husband moved out but is on the lease.?
No it is not illegal to change the locks. He has legal right to occupy premises so if he wants a key you will need to give it to him. Your landlord will also need a copy of new key.





change the locks and do not tell him. If he asks for key later then give it to him.Is it illegal to change the locks if my husband moved out but is on the lease.?
You need to talk to the landlord.





First off, you won't go to jail for 5 years for this situation...you are not crashing somewhere without consent. Also, being married to a guy allows you a little leeway on things like that. You are not in a ';completely illegal'; situation either. But hey...fact never stopped people in this section from handing out completely retarded advice.





If you change the locks, you could get in a sticky situation without dealing with your husband. It sounds to me like you will be going through a divorce in the near future. At that point, a judge will handle who is staying and who is going in regards to the apartment. I would talk to a divorce lawyer, and the landlord if I were you, about this situation.
You can't change the locks because, it's not your property and you would need to work something out with the landlord. Your husband would need to come back because legally he is responsible for the house until his name is off the lease.
Completely illegal.
  • id bare minerals
  • lancome
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment